So today was the final update of Homestuck. Except it isn’t quite the ending, since Hussie talked about making a final epilogue in the future. It still left a lot of plot points unresolved and we’ll probably have to wait still more months for the grand epilogue, but that’s besides the point. The point is, I want to say stuff about my post series now that Homestuck is semi-finished.
I originally intended to make this post series once Homestuck is over, because with that, the posts wouldn’t feel incomplete with inaccurate predictions or stuff I could say now but couldn’t have said back before the comic ended. The comic was supposed to be fully finished when I started this post series, with all plot points resolved.
Except the plot points aren’t solved. We still don’t know:
- what happened to Lord English
- the full story of Caliborn’s timeline and how he became Lord English
- the deal with the cherub universe vs. the one the kids created
- the full story of how Gamzee’s timeline went down (like what happened to him after we last saw him in [S] Collide?)
- what events came before and after Caliborn’s Masterpiece, or where exactly (like from which timeline) the kids there came from
- what ultimately happened to the Green Sun or the god tier version of Calliope
- the purpose of destroying the Green Sun
- what Vriska and company did with the magic chest
- whether Vriska and the other trolls will too settle on Earth
- what’s going to happen to the ghosts from Game Over
- which ships will be canon in the end (this is kind of a joke thing, but seriously, that sort of thing is usually answered in the end of stories like this*)
- what happened to all the sprites
- what happened to (John)
- what happened to everyone else who didn’t enter the victory door (Ms. Paint, Jack Noir, the Felt, whoever else)
- the whole deal with Karkat’s supposed universe leadership role which the flash didn’t address at all
- the ramifications of Terezi gaining pre-retcon memories
- the thing of restoring the troll race (or the human race for that matter)
- what all the classes and aspects mean for our resident theorists
- probably some other stuff I forgot to list
- to say nothing of the smaller plot points that have been hanging for a while (here’s a list someone made of unresolved plot points).
- and to say nothing of character interactions we’ve been hoping would happen but haven’t gotten yet. When will Jade get her touching young guardian reunion? When will Jade have her dialogue reunions with everyone else for that matter? When will the alpha kids, with their absolute social trainwreck, have their grand reconciliation?
* For one thing, it was practically guaranteed at this point that John would get together with Roxy by the end. The Act 7 flash kind of implied this? But only kind of.Continue reading