My name is Cedric Fausey (pronounced /’fɔzi/ or /’fɔsi/, faw-zee or faw-see), and I publish a wide variety of content to the Internet under the handle cookiefonster.
If you know about my Internet content, you probably know me for making music, which has been my passion since I was six years old and first learned to play piano. You can find much of my music on my YouTube (since 2012) and Bandcamp (since 2017), but I have also contributed music to the Cool and New Music Team (2016-2021) and the popular parody YouTube channel SiIvaGunner (Bandcamp) (2016-present, I’ve contributed since 2018), and taken part in lots of ambitious projects there. I do music entirely as a hobby in my spare time, and I presently work a job unrelated to music. Much of what I make is chiptune covers of other music because it’s easily the kind of music that I have the most fun making. My most notable chiptune project is two albums released in 2020 and 2022 respectively with covers of every song from the soundtrack of Sonic Robo Blast 2, a Sonic the Hedgehog fangame.
But music isn’t all that I make! On my YouTube channel, I upload videos that aren’t music now and then. Some of those videos are dramatic readings of things I find funny, with amateurish art and humorous visuals, but the rest don’t have much of a theme. And as for the website you are on right now, I write blog posts now and then, largely analyzing media. I have a finished blog post series (2015-2021) analyzing the entirety of Andrew Hussie’s webcomic Homestuck, an ongoing blog post series (2021-present) analyzing every episode of the famed TV show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and other random blog posts here and there. Long before that, I wrote a website about large numbers (active 2014-2016), a topic I was into for quite a while.
A few other things about me:
- I was born on April 3, 1999, which is probably useful information to have here.
- I’ve lived in Columbus, Ohio for almost my entire life, but I was actually born in England and was far too young to remember living there.
- I have perfect pitch, and it probably shows with how much I whine about people transcribing music wrong.
- I can speak English, German, and French in decreasing order of fluency, and can largely understand Spanish.
- I have a DeviantArt profile, but the only content on it is a bunch of drawings of smol anime girls.
- I’ve attended the convention MAGFest every year since 2019, and I can’t recommend it enough. It’s a place where I have made some of the best memories of my life.
- If you want to contact me, the best way to do so is through my Discord ID, cookiefonster#5454.
(Home page last updated September 25, 2022.)