For the first time in almost three years, I’ve been outputting a steady weekly-ish stream of new Homestuck blog posts! Posts that aren’t rewrites of old posts, that is. And I am extremely proud of myself for regaining that old motivation.
School is starting next week for me. It’s going to be my third and final year as an undergraduate student, after which I’ll probably get a full-time job (I have a part-time job on campus this fall semester and probably also spring). As I said in an earlier post, with school coming up I feel it’s a good time to bring back my schedule of new Homestuck posts every Friday morning (but probably earlier). I’m going to continue this schedule until the end of Act 6 Intermission 5, then probably put my Homestuck post series on a short hiatus just like Hussie did after he finished Act 6 Intermission 5. I already know exactly how I’ll divide my Homestuck posts for these next few acts and I have planned dates for each of those posts. My plans are as follows:
- 08/16/2019 – Part 92 (A6A4 + A6I4) (done!)
- 08/23/2019 – Part 93 (A6A5 part 1)
- 08/19/2019 – Part 93 (A6A5 part 1) (released early!)
- 08/23/2019 – Part 11 rewritten (Act 3 part 3)
- 08/30/2019 – Part 94 (A6A5 part 2) (released two days early!)
- 09/06/2019 – Part 95 (A6A5 part 3)
- 09/13/2019 – Part 96 (A6A5 part 4)
- 09/20/2019 – Part 97 (A6A5 part 5, the trickster section)
- 09/27/2019 – Part 98 (A6A5 part 6, the split screen section)
- 10/04/2019 – Part 99 (A6I5 part 1)
- 10/11/2019 – Part 100 (A6I5 part 2)
- 10/18/2019 – Part 101 (A6I5 part 3)
- 10/25/2019 – Part 102 (A6I5 part 4)
- 11/01/2019 – Part 103 (A6I5 part 5)
Obviously, these plans are subject to change. Not the act divisions, those are finalized and I know exactly which pages each post will start and end at. But the dates are most certainly subject to change. It does feel good though having an estimated date for when I’ll finish Act 6 Intermission 5. It also feels crazy that post 100 isn’t too far away. Obviously my 100th post has to be something special, and I think it’s good enough for number 100 to be the part where Aranea tells us about Caliborn’s backstory.
9/1/2019: “New posts every Friday morning” has evolved from a posting schedule to a deadline, one that I’ve consistently been early for in the past few weeks. I think at this point you can reasonably expect new posts to come out once a week, maybe? Or maybe every Wednesday, I don’t know. I finished post 95 today and I’ll probably make some revisions the next few days and release it, unless I turn out to be REALLY busy with schoolwork.